Thursday, January 20, 2011

Aprons and Bonnets

K-K is so excited to learn how to sew.  Her friend is letting her borrow her "perfect size" sewing machine,
Grandma Dyksterhouse is giving her sewing lessons,
and I am trying to teach myself (and her) how to sew. 
Our homeschool lessons have been so amazing this month! 
We are reading the Little House on the Prairie
books and also learning in history about the pioneers and the 1849 California Gold Rush. 
The kids are so excited about our Gold Rush party we will be having and they thought it would be fun to make some bonnets. 
I found a great apron/bonnet concept online...and we went with it. 
I had to tweak the directions...mainly because I couldn't figure them out.
(I even had to have my mom come and help me...thanks Mom!)
But, I thought they turned out so cute!
K-K and Adi in their bonnets.
(and yes, Adi is in her tutu!)

Bonnets are now cute double pocketed aprons!
So fun and practical for cooking!

Cutting out the fabric.  (Adi loves to take pictures!)
Let me know if you would like to know how to make these EASY aprons.
I would be happy to help.
I promise...if I can do it, you can too!
We made this cute little pin cushion using a small canning jar, foam batting, and a little fabric.
I like that I can store some of our small spools of string in the bottom.

 



No comments: