Saturday, February 12, 2011

Door Handle Tutorial

Step 1: Take off all hardware that is gold.
Step 2: If it is dirty or needs a little sanding...I would clean it.  But, it isn't necessary to get it perfectly clean.
Step 3: Go OUTSIDE (I went in the garage because it is FREEZING out...and we have 3 feet of snow.
This stuff is the best: Rust-Oleum  The Color: Oil Rubbed Bronze
 Step 4: I used Styrofoam cups to hold my handles in place...this was a great way for me to be able to turn them to apply the paint evenly...and in those hard to reach places.
Step 6: I let my handles dry inside...otherwise they were way too tacky in the 18* garage.

I had a lot of door handles that needed to be degoldified.



1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thanks for the tutorial Amy! My hardward is drying out in the garage right now (its a little warmer out here in CA). Thanks for the idea-it saved us a lot of money. Hope you have a great day!