Monday, January 9, 2012

Pizza Pizza!

For Christmas I asked for a cookbook:
The Pioneer Woman Cooks
By: Ree Drummond

As some of you know...I don't LOVE cooking.  I do it every day...some times 3 times a day.
But I don't LOVE it.
I don't LOVE cooking because it takes a lot of time.
I don't LOVE cooking because after you have spent all of that time...you eat it all in 15 minutes...and there is nothing to show for it...
EXCEPT for all of the dishes you have to clean up after you cook.

HOWEVER...I decided I would like to begin trying new recipes...and The Pioneer Woman
always has yummy looking pictures on her blog and in her cookbooks.

So...we decided to try her PIZZA!
* I thought this would be fun since the whole family can cook together!
**cooking is more fun when EVERYONE helps!

We made the dough from scratch!
YUP...with stuff we call yeast!
I know...pretty impressive, huh?

Ingredients

  • FOR THE CRUST (MAKES TWO CRUSTS):
  • 
  • 1 teaspoon Active Dry Or Instant Yeast
  • 4 cups All-purpose Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
  • 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • TO MAKE THE CRUST:
    Sprinkle yeast over 1 1/2 cups warm (not lukewarm) water.
    In a mixer, combine flour and salt. With the mixer running on low speed (with paddle attachment), drizzle in olive oil until combined with flour. Next, pour in yeast/water mixture and mix until just combined.
    Coat a separate mixing bowl with a light drizzle of olive oil, and form the dough into a ball. Toss to coat dough in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until you need it. ***It's best to make the dough at least 24 hours in advance, and 3 or 4 days is even better.


    ***I stole all of these words from the Pioneer Woman's BLOG.

    Isn't my Man handsome?
    I love him.
    The reason I added this lovely picture of me and my man is because there is a pizza in the back ground...
    see it?


    UM...YUM!
    So, I have been cooking!
    I've tried so many of the recipes and loved them all.

    Just wanted to let you know that there is a difference between a corned beef brisket and a regular brisket.
    We had company over for dinner...and the corned beef brisket didn't look like the Pioneer Woman's.
    It was so red.
    But...thank goodness my husband is in food sales and instantly recognized the difference.
    If it weren't for him...we would have been waiting another 6 hours before I was SURE it was really cooked.

    It still tasted good.


     

No comments: